An Emergency travel document (Nonmachine readable Passport (NMRP) may be issued to enable a Sri Lankan national to return to Sri Lanka in case of an emergency in the following circumstances.
- The original passport is lost/damaged/stolen
- The original passport is expired
Temporary Travel documents are and issued for the sole purpose of returning to Sri Lanka. The applicants cannot travel to any other country by using a NMRP passport or cannot use it to obtain a visa to further stay in Nepal.
- A letter requesting an Emergency passport
- Duly filled Application (Application for a new Passport)
- Form D (If passport is lost) ( Form D for lost Passport)
- Two Photographs (Color, 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, light colour background except white)
- Expired passport or if lost, copy of lost passport
- Original Birth Certificate
- Police report (If passport is lost)
- Citizenship Certificate (If the applicant is born outside Sri Lanka or a citizen by registration).
- Photocopy of Resident Card
- Prescribed Fee
- If the applicant produces the previous travel document - NRs. 5,200/-
- If an applicant does not produce the previous travel document - NRs. -------/-
- Processing time - Less than a week
Instructions for Filling Applications
- Application should be filled preferably in BLOCK letters
- Three photographs should be furnished as specified in the application. Please ensure that the signatures are confined to the cages provided immediately below the photographs.
- The photograph should be clear, good quality, fresh (current picture), without spectacles and with open ears.
- The application and original documents should be submitted along with photocopies.
How to Submit the Application
You can submit the application to the Consular Division of the Embassy by post or by hand. The applicant should appear in person at the Consular Division to collect the NMRP. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (9.30am to 1.00pm). The address is as follows:
* Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
* Incomplete applications will be returned and consular fees will not be refunded.