Welcome to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Sri Lanka, Kathmandu.
- Opening hours for the public – Monday - Friday from 9.30 am to 01.00 pm.
- Telephone Inquiries - Monday - Friday from 09.00 am to 05.00 pm.
- No prior appointments - First come first-served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- The Embassy will not take any responsibility for documents lost/damaged in the post.
- Fees - CASH ONLY at the Consular Counter. In the event of an applicant’s inability to comply with the requirements as stipulated, applicants are informed that no refund of the fees will be considered
- For instructions and specific requirements please visit the relevant pages of this section.
Acceptance of documents - 9.30 am to 1.00pm from Monday to Friday
- Passport renewal requests
- Passport applications
- Passport endorsement requests
- Emergency passport applications
- Birth Certificate/ Citizenship Certificate applications
- Visa requests (Tourist, Business, Transit, and Entry)
- Request for Police Reports
- Documents for attestation
- Documents for marriage
Issuance of documents - 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- Renewed passports
- New passports
- Passports with endorsements
- Emergency passports
- Birth Certificate/ Citizenship Certificates
- Visas (Tourist, Business, Entry)
- Police reports
- Attested documents