To obtain a Residence Visa, the applicant must enter Sri Lanka on an Entry Visa issued by a Sri Lanka diplomatic mission abroad. Entry visa will be issued by the Embassy only upon approval by the Controller General of Immigration and Emigration. Relevant Organization, Institution, NGO or Company in Sri Lanka should submit the application for resident visa on behalf of the applicant directly to the Controller General, Immigration and Emigration (CG, I & E). The CG, I & E will then authorize this Embassy to issue Entry Visa to the applicant.
- Entry visa application (Entry Visa Application Form)
- A copy of the Entry Visa approval notice of the Department of Immigration & Emigration of
- Sri Lanka
- Two passport-size photographs
- Passport – The validity of the passport must be at least six months beyond the date of entry into Sri Lanka.
- Visa fee for Residence Visa: NRs. 3,400/-
Processing time: 1-2 working days (only when the Entry Visa approval notice is available).
Important: A Tourist Visa cannot be converted into a Residence Visa.
For more information on Residence Visa, please visit http://www.immigration.gov.lk.
Note: If the passport on which the visa/ETA has been issued expires before the visa, the new passport should be submitted to the Embassy for issuance of a new ETA. This will be done at no cost to the applicant.
Note: The validity of the passport must be at least six months beyond the date of entry into Sri Lanka.