(If the current Passport is reported lost or damaged)
If your passport is lost or stolen, please make a complaint to your local police station and obtain a police report.
- A letter requesting a new passport
- Duly filled Application (Application for Sri Lankan Passport (Form K 35) AND Form D)
- Four Photographs (Colour, 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, Light colour background except white colour)
- Copy of the lost passport
- Original Birth Certificate
- Police report
- Dual Citizenship Certificate and a copy of Foreign Passport (If the applicant is a dual citizenship holder)
- Academic/professional certificates and letter of appointment (If the profession is to be included)
- Marriage certificate (if the applicant is married and wishes to have husband’s surname entered in the passport)
- Photocopy of resident card
- National Identity Card (if available)
The applicants are required to call over at the Consular Division of this Mission in person for an interview at the submission of the above documents.
If the applicant of the passport is a child under 16 years, following documents are additionally required.
- No objection letter from both parents for the issuance of a passport to the child.
- Copies of parents’ current passports (Data page, observation/alteration pages, and child inclusion pages)
- Other appropriate documents (such as decision of the court if parents have divorced, in case separated any office document, death certificate if one or both parents deceased, documentation evidence with regard to the legal guardianship of the minor etc.)
Lost with a copy - NRs. 49,500.00
Lost without a copy - NRs. 63,000.00
Processing time – 08 to 10 weeks
Instructions for Filling Applications
- Application should be filled preferably in BLOCK letters
- Three photographs should be furnished as specified in the application. Please ensure that the signatures are confined to the cages provided immediately below the photographs.
- The photograph should be clear, good quality, fresh (current picture), without spectacles and with open ears.
- All original documents should be submitted along with 2 photocopies.
How to Submit the Application
You can submit the application to the Consular Division of the Embassy. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (9.30am to 1.00pm). The address is as follows:
* Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
* Incomplete applications will be returned and consular fees will not be refunded.